Hello from Zomba, Malawi!
As you are all already aware, we are in the midst of a worldwide pandemic concerning the Coronavirus. While the virus has not yet reached Malawi, and we are all very safe, we have been monitoring the situation here as well as the situation in the United States.
CMF has done a wonderful job of keeping us missionaries in the loop about organizational protocols throughout this situation. Working closely with the Namikango board located in Houston, CMF has decided it is best for me to try and get back to the United States as soon as possible. This decision was made out of an abundance of caution, noting that in the current situation, the borders may continue to close in the coming weeks and I may not be able to travel.
To be clear, I am not in any danger; however, the worry is becoming stuck in Malawi as the situation develops. Because of this, I will be flying back to the United States this Wednesday (arriving on Thursday). Of course, this situation develops and changes daily, so these plans could change even in the next day.
As the United States continues to fight this pandemic, quarantine measures are becoming more strict for everyone. Though my flights are currently passing though only uninfected countries, I will be observing a self-quarantine for a minimum of fourteen days once I return. As I am sure you can understand, I will not be meeting with anyone or any churches until I can be sure I was not exposed. This follows the current recommendation of CMF for missionaries and their partners.
I want to thank you for your understanding of the situation. Please continue to pray for me and the rest of my team as we try to get back to the states in a timely fashion. Please continue to pray for Malawi and Namikango as they prepare for the virus here. And please continue to pray for the situation in general.
I look forward to seeing you all very soon, and in the meantime, please stay safe and healthy!